Support and friendship for families
Home-Start Guildford provides a Family Group at Pirbright Army base for referred families.
It takes place on a Tuesday at the Community Centre. If you would like to join us please contact the office on tel: 01483 511181.
The group provides a warm and welcoming environment for you and your child. Our Family Group Co-ordinator Corrina and Assistant Co-ordinator Andrea provide an excellent range of activities for you to share in your child’s learning and development. It is also a great chance to meet other parents and make new friends. Refreshments are available. Children will be offered a healthy snack.
Please help us by:
- Supervising your own child or children
- Join in with any of the activities that interest you
- Welcome newcomers
- Give us an idea about the things we could try
- Let us know the things you like or dislike about the group
- Observe confidentiality.
What we hope to offer you:
- Activities for yourself and your children
- The chance to chat with other families
- A stepping stone from your home to the parent and toddler and other facilities in your area
- Access to advice and support
Thank you all for such wonderful support I have had from the family group. It has truly been a life line for me and no doubt contributed in my getting better” – Family Group mum of two
“Which sessions have you enjoyed most?” “All of them. It’s the only group we attend. ” Feedback at the end of term.
Please note that attendance at the Family Group is for Home-Start Families and volunteers only and is by invitation by a Home-Start Co-ordinator. If you are a professional and would like to refer a family to our Home-Start family group please complete our referral form indicating GROUP ONLY thank you.